Saturday, November 12, 2011

Roma 2: Out and About

We join our hero outside the Castel Sant-Angelo, in Rome, where naive tourists take photos of men dressed as metallic cowboys and weird Egyptian statues. Shit. I guess that makes me a naive tourist... oh well...


I didn't give him money though. Because I'm a poor grad student.

Then we went piazza-hopping! Piazza Navona is hoppin', actually. And pretty.


This bird is grumpy and fits perfectly with the demonic fish thing it's sitting on.


There is some famous piece of art in here I think. I didn't go in. Chloe probably knows...


I was too distracted by these break dancers who just happened to be performing right as I walked up! ...


Oh wait, then they started performing again 10 minutes after I walked away. And apparently they were there a few months ago too. Which means they're probably always there and therefore I was not particularly lucky to see them...


Nevertheless, they were cool.


So are Roman streets. I really like them. Rome is awesome, has really cool buildings, and a generally cool and inviting feel.


This tree is determined. I like it.


We had tickets to see a production called "Can We Talk About This" by DV8, a well-established physical theatre company from the UK. Obviously I don't have photos of the show, but the theatre was gorgeous (yet dark).


And had a really badass chandelier and ceiling.


Tune in next time for Rome at Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment