Friday, September 2, 2011

Arezzo is Amusing

Spent the day in town today checking out the city, eating pizza and gelato, and walking up and down a LOT of hills. Here are some fun photos of things I found interesting :)

First, an adorable puppy that stared at us (through the one eye we could see) for a while.












Next, signs.
Those clever italians...















I GUESS I should include an actual "touristy" photo of a cool building or something. Here is the Duomo d'Arezzo I mentioned in my last post, since you could see it in the skyline. Don't know who the guy in front is.























Aaaaand of course, Gelato. 2nd place i've tried here and damn. it. was. SO. good. Blew Capogiro out of the water. awesome. Please observe the enthusiasm Francesca and Robbie (my other roommate) are displaying.






















We stopped in a bookstore and hung out in the kids section for a bit. Thought about buying some kids books to help study Italian. i was amused at the italian names for characters:













Snow white is Biancaneve and the Smurfs are i Puffi! Fran got tired...

Finally, two important things you should know about Arezzo:


They have increased revenue by leasing living space to mice with fancy doorways.





















annnnd....






















(I don't remember either)

2 comments:

  1. That is Fernando, The Grand Duke of Tuscany - doesn't everybody know that??? Love your photos and your commentary, Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where to start! Every minute of this is fabulous. Seems like you are appropriately "soaking in it." Love you, and love your adventure. Also, I thought your two roommates (in the gelato photo) were TOTALLY Italian! They look so authentico! Much love to you, sweetie Dan!

    ReplyDelete