Thursday, November 29, 2012

Positano & Amalfi - The Journey's End

It may have been October, but in Positano, it was still warm enough for the beach :)


How do you even build a city like this?


mmmm pretty water. It was possibly the clearest water i've ever swum in. (swum?)

It was so clear that I could see the seaweed on the bottom when it was too deep for me to pencil-dive down to touch it with my feet. impressive. 


This guy was painting boats :) 


So i photographed the same boats!


I made friends with this dog, of course :-P


He's cute enough to deserve two photos


After swimming and eating (duh) we hopped on a ferry to the town of Amalfi. Here's a parting shot of Positano from the boat


We arrived in Amalfi a bit before sunset


I have a theory that Amalfi would be more well-known if their duomo was easier to photograph. It's so crammed in between buildings that you can't get a good angle on it


But its portico is cool and has lots of photographic opportunities


Arches and columns and stripes, oh my!


(did you see Nina in that one?)

And to end the fall break journey (and, wow, all the blog posts from Europe....)...


Thanks for keeping up with my blog, guys. I made myself write it to really keep track of my adventures while abroad, and it was that much more exciting to be able to share it with you folks and hear your thoughts :)  I may post now and then if I find myself traveling or taking photos I want to share. Until then, Arrivederci! 



No comments:

Post a Comment